There are more than 100 different national and international nursing organizations, many of which have chapters in Oregon. You may want to consider the benefits of joining a professional organization.
Reasons for joining a professional organization include:
- Educational opportunities. Keep up to date on the latest changes in the nursing profession and earn CEUs (see certification below).
- Networking. Use local and national conferences and educational events to meet colleagues working in other organizations, other states, or even other countries!
- Certification. Demonstrate your commitment to excellence by pursuing certification in your nursing specialty.
- Targeted resources. Many organizations offer compiled resources (articles, journals, webinars, etc.) specific to your nursing specialty.
- Career assistance. Access career advice, job pages, and other resources if you are considering an employment change.
Here’s a list of nursing groups with chapters/affiliates in Oregon!