The Future of Oregon’s Nursing Workforce: Analysis and Recommendations
November 01, 2022
The capacity and resilience of Oregon’s nursing workforce have been severely stressed by the COVID-19 pandemic, exacerbating pre-existing problems. This comprehensive report provides an overview of Oregon’s nurse workforce, outlines current challenges facing nurses throughout the state, and discusses potential solutions to strengthen Oregon’s nursing workforce.
April 20, 2022
- To fill the need for nurses in Oregon, employers traditionally rely on RNs migrating to Oregon to practice.
- If the number of endorsing RNs practicing in Oregon continues to fall, Oregon’s smallest counties are at risk of not being able to recruit enough R...
June 22, 2020
- More experienced RNs tend to practice in home health/ hospice, public health, policy and education.
- RNs practicing in home health/hospice and public health will likely retire from nursing while working in those settings.
- RNs with less than 20 years...
June 21, 2019
The prospect of a nursing shortage causes great concern for health officials and healthcare industry leaders. Nursing shortages are problematic for healthcare leaders and workforce planners as there are simply not enough nurses to fill vacant positions. This creates signi...