POSITION: Program Director
LOCATION: Oregon Center for Nursing, 5000 N Willamette Blvd, Portland, OR 97203
STATUS: Full-Time, Hourly, Non-Exempt
SALARY: Depends on Experience [$70,000 – $90,000]
The Oregon Center for Nursing (OCN) is 501(c)(3) non-profit organization whose mission is to facilitate research and collaboration to support Oregon’s nursing workforce. OCN conducts, analyzes and disseminates research, encourages collaboration and builds partnerships with diverse stakeholders to advance nursing, and promotes nursing and healthcare in all settings where nurses practice.
OCN seeks a Program Director to play a critical role in ensuring the organization achieves its plans for growth while remaining true to its mission, vision, and values. This individual will report to the Executive Director and manage all aspects of assigned programs. The Program Director completes their assignments with a high degree of autonomy and is expected to consistently use best judgment in representing their program and the overall interests and values of the Oregon Center for Nursing in all contacts and communications. The Program Director provides both leadership for their programs, and the managerial skills to ensure that programs fulfill all programmatic requirements, including fiscal accountability, outcomes, reporting to funders, and coordination with partners, stakeholders, and other OCN staff. The candidate should be comfortable working independently and collaboratively with a small team and be self-directed to meet deadlines.
- Provide input and guidance on OCN’s programming priorities as they relate to OCN’s mission, objectives and target audiences in Oregon.
- Oversee the quality and success of assigned OCN programs.
- Monitor program budgets, create and execute timelines, oversee grant and contract compliance.
- Strengthen relationships with/for significant private and government grants and contracts.
- Participate in recurring leadership meetings with the Executive Director, stakeholders and program workgroups.
- Enhance and expand project resources, through coordination and collaboration with existing programs and agencies; develop new partnerships.
- Develop and disseminate the materials, documents, and documentation necessary for effective and successful program management.
- Provide feedback for development and marketing, and position OCN as a thought leader around its defined mission and goals.
- Work with leadership to identify and apply for grant funding to support programming priorities.
- Collaborate on final grant reports, review activities to confirm all deliverables and expenditures are completed and accurately recorded.
- Review and recommend options for the improvement of grant and project management procedures.
- Provide the Executive Director with on-going reports on program progress and plans as needed.
- Represent the organization at conferences and other public events; leading activities, speaking roles and trainings. Credibly represent OCN and its community partners, both locally and nationally.
- Represent the OCN mission with integrity
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Bachelor’s degree required; nursing degree and/or Master’s degree strongly preferred
- Previous experience with nonprofit program management strongly preferred
- Excellent communication skills required
- Expertise with Microsoft Office Suite, PowerPoint, Excel, database management and standard office equipment required
- Able to prioritize a heavy workload on a daily and long-term basis
- Strong creative, strategic, analytical, organizational and personal skills, with the experience of managing multiple projects at a time
- Commitment to working with shared leadership and in cross-functional teams
- Flexible and a self-starter; able to manage multiple concurrent projects while also being highly detail-oriented with an attention to quality
- Ability to troubleshoot and switch priorities quickly
- Ability to work independently and with minimal direction, showing initiative, creativity, self-discipline, effective time and project management skills
- Experience with program research and evaluation
- Demonstrate a commitment to developing and executing informed strategies, with clear metrics and outcomes identified
- Ability to communicate in a professional and respectful manner with all clients, co-workers, stakeholders, community members, public officials, and other business partners.
- Experienced and competent in online tools for remote teamwork, communication, and documentation (particularly G Suite, Zoom, Slack)
Please submit the following to Kelley Ilic, Operations Manager, email@example.com by September 30, 2021:
- Your resume or CV
- A cover letter explaining your interest in and experience relevant to the Program Director position