Debriefing for Clinical Judgement
2 contact hours*
This course focuses on the application of techniques used to facilitate debriefing for clinical judgment. Tanner’s model of clinical judgment will be used as a framework for organizing pre-briefing and debriefing simulation scenarios. INACSL Standards for Debriefing will be reviewed and applied as best practices in debriefing. Learners will participate as active observers in a debriefing conducted by expert facilitators. Small group activity will provide opportunity to practice debriefing for clinical judgment with coaching and feedback from experienced faculty.
- Conduct a pre-briefing designed to facilitate clinical judgment.
- Debrief a simulation scenario using a three-phase organizational frame.
- Use three or more debriefing techniques to facilitate a debriefing focused on clinical judgment.
- Develop a personal debriefing guide to support debriefing for clinical judgment.
- Self-critique a debriefing session using INACSL standards of best practices.
- Use available resources to create a professional development plan for developing expertise in debriefing.
This course is free-of-charge for Oregon nurse faculty thanks to generous funding from worksystems,inc.
*This nursing continuing professional development activity was approved by Oregon Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Approval valid through 02/16/2023
OCEAN ID #2021-06