Assessment and Evaluation Practices and Considerations in Simulation-Based Education
2.5 contact hours*
This course builds on foundational concepts addressing assessment and evaluation in Simulation-Based Education. The application of the Kirkpatrick Model as a framework for developing a comprehensive system for evaluating SBE will be explored. Considerations for assessing clinical performance in the simulation environment will be addressed. Participants will practice assessing performance using a variety of tools.
- Discuss the use of the Kirkpatrick Model as a framework to evaluate the effectiveness of SBE.
- Critique commonly used tools to assess student performance in SBE.
- Use one tool to assess clinical performance in a recorded simulation.
- Describe common challenges to mitigate when using simulation to assess clinical performance.
- Identify the components of a comprehensive assessment plan for your simulation program.
This course is free-of-charge for Oregon nurse faculty thanks to generous funding from worksystems,inc.
*This nursing continuing professional development activity was approved by Oregon Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Approval valid through 04/22/2023
OCEAN ID #2021-14